I crave stimulating conversation with likeminded people
Heres a spotify mix I made of some of my favorites
The only thing guaranteed in life is death
everyone dies and not everyone truly lives
To fully embrace God’s gace you have to challenge yourself to love everything, whether it’s your best friend or your enemies. You have to love every leaf and every ray of light and practice expressing compassion to all beings. Learn. Live. Love.
Being vegetarian isn’t as hard as I thought it would be
feeling good about this decision!
So my sister asked me how many tumblr followers I have….
when really little does she know…..
When you have so much work you dont do any of it and watch TV shows instead
This world has so much profound beauty but everyone says stuff like “i hate everyone” and are always so negative and I think that’s because the media glorifies the devils in the world and never give the kind and compassionate people making a difference the air time they deserve and that’s really unfortunate…
Love is a weird word because it so overused and so misused and so underused all at the same time…
- Grandpa: Eventually you have to start thinking about what you want to do after college
- Me: Grandpa, I don't even know what I want to do this weekend.
1. Learn to be okay with not being okay.
2. Learn to have conversations that do not consist of lambasting someone else, especially when that someone is you.
3. Give the most kindness to those who seem like they least deserve it.
4. Learn to define and describe people without initially reaching for their sex or appearance as key adjectives.
5. Realize that perspective determines everything.
6. Understand that when something upsets you, it’s striking a nerve of truth.
7. Understand that when someone upsets you, the best thing to do is understand where they’re coming from.
8. Know that no matter how far you’ve come, there’s no point at which it’s appropriate to remain sedentary.
9. Be radically, sincerely honest. Be shocked at how deeply you can connect with people when you are.
10. Know that if you want to have a conversation about something that upsets you, insulting someone is only the by-product of your own defenses, and will ultimately raise theirs as well, not open lines of understanding and communication.
11. Realize that selflessness is one of the most predominantly wonderful qualities a person can have.
12. Learn to actually feel happy for other people.
13. Go into everything with the knowing that you don’t know it all, and that every experience is valid.
14. Invest in extra linens, donate what you don’t use, and keep extra Tylenol on you because people tend to need it and be without it rather frequently.
15. Call your siblings more.
16. Be present in what’s at hand. You owe it to the people in your life and to the things you’ve built for yourself.
17. Understand that letting go and moving on means very humbly and slowly gesturing in the direction of which you’d like to reach.
18. Get dressed everyday, just for yourself.
19. Give better goodbyes.
20. Carve out time to do nothing but be with yourself.
21. Boldly make yourself your first priority. You’ll do everything better when you do.
22. Stop shaming yourself for doing things that are perfectly, normally human, but happen to be deemed imperfect in society.
23. Read. A lot.
24. Reach out to people, open your heart, and watch how eagerly they jump in and do the same.
I seriously dont get why people like beyonce so much